Tuesday, July 27, 2010

California Trip Day 1 - Destination Crescent City!













Our day started EARLY ... actually, our night prior never ended...After both of us worked our Monday shifts, Billy armed with a 2 hour nap, picked me up after my shift at 1am, and off we went to start our California adventure...




Making few stops, and changing drivers every 200 miles or so... we finally made it the beautiful northern coast tip of California...Our drive thru the Redwood Highway was amazing, the trees are so big, several adults were hand to hand around some of them, and still were unable to reach around the whole tree..I am hoping to snag some pictures of these majestic giants tomorrow...They have been here for 1000's of years, and obviously, pending no disasters, they will continue to live beyond you and I...




So as we sit in our quiet hotel room, while Billy catches up on his beauty sleep, I am sitting here enjoying for the first time ever, the awesome benefits of free wi-fi ... Where has this been all my adult life ??? Are you kidding me ? Photos download at the blink of an eye, and instead of one photo taking over 30 minutes to download, a dozen are done at once! What an exciting time this is for me and my retirement goals... well, I'm not going to get into that.. but let's just say that momma is planning for the future for her family and eventually herself... Life is GOOD, God is GOOD, and I might as well mention that the fantastic weather is GOOD...yeah for summer !




Kayla is enjoying her last full day alone w/Billy's parents at their home before our arrival tomorrow...They did some serious roller skating yesterday, visited the Oakland Zoo today and are capping the evening off with some shopping for clothes tonight..I can't wait to hug and kiss my mini-me again... I miss her so much .. She grew up a little bit more this week... I really need to find that freeze button on her... and fast...





Enjoy a few picture highlights from our adventures today!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment