Thursday, September 2, 2010

I♥my 3rd grader !


Today was the day ! 3rd grade !! Where has the time gone ? Since Kayla started pre-school I have taken photos of her around our front entry outside...and today I stood there in awe once again...
I can remember like it was yesterday her first day of preschool..her first day at Kindergarten...and here we are now starting third grade...There are days when all I want to do is go back, at least for one day, maybe a few days, and hold her as an infant..watch her sleep as a baby...smell the Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo on her head, lol :) But on other days I am glad she is where she is now with her age... she's so funny, smart and quick whitted.. she still claims she will never move out, and "if I do mom, its only going to be outside somewhere on the property"... She doesn't realize that someday she is going to want to be out from under this roof, someday she is going to not want to come home, and someday she is going to have to work for a living.. she's got that childhood innocence still, with a bit of reality thrown in. I love her so much.. and can't imagine her getting any older... but reality has to set in for me more I guess... I can't stop the growing up process, I can't stop the mood swings she will have as those teenage years grow closer..the only thing I can do is love her unconditionally, support her when times get rough, and always assure her along with myself, God loves her more than anything in this world and she can always count on Him to guide her and help her...

No comments:

Post a Comment