Friday, October 22, 2010

Cinderella on a quest for her pumpkin coach...

This is a story .. about a not so little anymore 8 year old... and her quest for her perfect Cinderella coach like pumpkin....


The day was a blustery one indeed, but smiles succeed...for she was done with school for the day, freed from the homework deed...


"I wanna do this all by myself Mom" ... "Do what princess ?" ... "I want to pull, push or grunt my way thru this field in our search" ... "ok then ... its allllllllllll you" .... Little did the princess know that pumpkins weigh quite a bit... not just one.. but two, perhaps three indeed... oh yes .. I had a feeling she would be changing her mind....



Ah yes....just as the queen mum had predicted..."mom!!! I can't pushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"



The princess yelled "Im FREEEEEEE !! I'm freeeee from the burden of pushing the barrow" !!!




Ahhh little one ... I can remember when you were 6 months old here at this same pumpkin patch ! I set you up in between some pumpkins, you had just begun to learn how to sit up ... right before I took the photo you fell over...it ended up being one of my all time favorite baby pictures of you! Red cherub cheeks with you adorable stocking cap on surrounded by mounds of orange glory... Ah Kayla .. momma loves you...



Oh what's this ??? Unexpected visit from Billy !!!! On his way home from work, nice little surprise ... and the quest continued for THE PERFECT PUMPKIN



Al'as the journey came to an end ... had she indeed found the perfect pumpkin ? Its color was good .. shape was supurb...stem would be nicely curved, not to short, not too tall ... I do believe we've found the one !! 

Happy pumpkin seeking to you all !


No comments:

Post a Comment