Saturday, December 31, 2011

Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Cookies... Oh yes .. I'm going there...

Ladies, let me warn you before you read this.... I claim no responsibility towards you all, who may want to run out and buy the fixings for these little magic bites of yumminess, after reading this post. There, that was your warning...

Wait for it ... Wait for it .....



How's this workin' for you all ??? Good ?? I thought so .... Just in case you missed that photo here is another one for ya....



Alright, now that the shock factor is over with, let me tell ya a little bit bout these goodies. During some pre-holiday grocery shopping, I just happen to stumble upon this boxed mix at my local Costco. That's right, I said it. BOXED MIX.  These are "Krusteaz Salted Caramel Chocolate" cookies. Seriously ? Could they of put any more addicting words in the title ?!!! I thought "oh, these had to be good!", so of course I bought it to try out over the holidays.



The verdict is in. These are GOOD. Really, R E A L L Y, good. Not sure if I can stress that enough. I have always enjoyed baking, and normally, I don't mind the occasional boxed mix for something quick and easy. But around the holidays I prefer to stick to family recipes, or new found favorites that bring the "home cookin" back into the home kitchen. Made from scratch with fresh, local when possible, ingredients. But I decided to take a chance with these, and I was glad I did. Family loved them, I loved them (a little too much...), and they will be a go-to for quick holiday cookie planning in the years to come.

One "bad" thing about these cookies... if there is anything I HAD to point out. In my opinion, there wasn't enough caramel for the large batches I made. I love caramel (once again, a little TOO much), so myself personally, I would like more. But still, even with that little issue, my taste buds were happy... mmmmmmm.

 
For those of you who read my blog often, you will notice in 2012 that there will be more "food" and or "restaurant" type blog reviews on here. I'm working on my macro (aka up close) photography skills, and this is one great way to do it. I'll be trying yummy items in our home kitchen, I'll be traveling to local eating spots, photographing it all, then blogging about it. Not only will my skills in photography be tested, but I am hoping that a few people take my ideas and/or reviews and try out these places for themselves. Maybe in the future this type of work will land my name in a food magazine, or maybe a free lance photographer for many cool hot spots. In the end thou, I'm focused on my skills right now, as I continue on my journey towards becoming a full blown, well rounded, photographer. 

2012 is going to be a big year for me, as far as testing my photography skills goes. I'll be pushing my comfort zone, learning new techniques and enjoying the journey!! I hope you enjoy it with me....

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who are starting a diet, or better eating plan in 2012... sorry bout' the cookies... But I warned ya !!

No comments:

Post a Comment