Monday, April 19, 2010

W E E D S ... and oh how we love to hate them...

Whew ! Time files, its been too long since I jotted down a few thoughts of this and that and everything else...
April is a very busy month... not only has Spring officially sprung into action around here, there are several birthdays to plan for this month, and on top of that the seasonal enemy has arrived... enemy as in WEEDS! I'm a gardener... I love my yard, my flowers, my trees... ahhhhhh chew ! Wait, I dont love the pollen .. but, I love everything else! Anyway, Spring is one of those seasons where you literally count down the moments till it gets here, and then it gets here and you're left sitting in your house, looking out the window at all the flowerbeds that need a clean up, and you think.. hummmm...why me ? Why do the weeds have to be here ? I will say thou that last week I tackled them.. and I tackled them down to the ground. Well, most of them I did ... I still have 2 major flowerbeds to go till done for the season! The outcome is a beautiful mix of sweet smelling, rich, organic dirt thriving with perk me up's for the plants who are emerging from their winters nap. The daffodills are fading.. but the Japenese Maples are starting to show their glorious color, bleeding hearts, hostas, viburnums, sweet flowering cherries and sedums are outstretching their branches towards the sun... its all in preperation for a beautiful couple months of Spring.. the dawn of Summer... and I'm ready !!

No comments:

Post a Comment